Child and spousal support when you are on social assistance
Table of contents
Is this publication for you?
Read this if:
- you are applying for or getting assistance from Ontario Works (OW) or the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
- you need information on OW or ODSP rules about getting child or spousal support from your spouse or another parent of your child
Other publications that may help you
- Need welfare? How to apply to Ontario Works
- Disability benefits: Who can get them and how to apply
- Appeals and internal reviews explains what to do if OW cuts off, reduces, or refuses to give you assistance
- Do you live with someone who might be seen as your spouse? explains the rules about how spouses who live together must qualify for social assistance as a couple
CLEO has more publications on social assistance, family law, and other legal topics. You can read them on our website or order free copies. Go to www.cleo.on.ca or call 416-408-4420.