Since 1974, CLEO (Community Legal Education Ontario / Éducation juridique communautaire Ontario) has developed clear, accurate, and practical legal rights education and information to help people understand and exercise their legal rights. Our work focuses on providing information to people who face barriers to accessing the justice system, including income, disability, literacy, and language. As a community legal clinic and part of Ontario's legal aid system, we work in partnership with other legal clinics and community organizations across the province.
Our work includes:
- the Steps to Justice website, question and answer modules on everyday legal problems experienced by people in Ontario
- an extensive collection of legal information resources and publications available in a variety of languages and formats
- research into effective ways of developing and delivering legal rights information
- training and tools for community workers at CLEO Connect
- online resources including Youth Criminal Law and Nonprofit Law Ontario