COVID-19: Get updates on the law and legal services on Steps to Justice

Change font size:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Do you want to sponsor your family to join you in Canada? (TAM)

Step 1: Choose language Step 2: Choose from available formats and options Available formats and options

You may be able to sponsor your family members who are outside Canada to come and live here as permanent residents if:

  • you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and
  • you are 18 years or older.

You will have to pay the required fees. And there are "income guidelines" which say how much money a sponsor must earn. You must also meet other conditions and give all the information that the sponsorship application asks for. Some settlement agencies and legal clinics may be able to help you with this.