COVID-19: Get updates on the law and legal services on Steps to Justice

Change font size:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Child support when you are on OW or ODSP

Step 1: Choose language Step 2: Choose from available formats and options
Available formats and options

If you disagree with a decision

If you disagree with an OW or ODSP decision, you may be able to appeal to the Social Benefits Tribunal (SBT). The SBT can change the decision.

To appeal to the SBT, you must first ask OW or ODSP to give you:

  • a decision in writing, and
  • an internal review.

Usually, you must ask for an internal review within 30 days.

For more information about appealing a decision by OW, go to

And for information about appealing a decision by ODSP, go to