COVID-19: Get updates on the law and legal services on Steps to Justice

Change font size:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Social assistance rules about couples: What you need to know if you live with someone

Step 1: Choose language Step 2: Choose from available formats and options
Available formats and options

What can I do if OW or ODSP refuses or stops giving me assistance?

Ask for the decision in writing right away.

To appeal, the first thing you have to do is write to the office that made the decision and ask for an "internal review".

After you have asked for an internal review, you can appeal to the Social Benefits Tribunal.

The Tribunal is not part of OW or ODSP. It has the power to make a different decision.

CLEO's resource Appealing a decision about social assistance has more details, including important information about time limits and a form that you can use to ask for an internal review.