COVID-19: Get updates on the law and legal services on Steps to Justice

Change font size:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Continuing Power of Attorney for Property

Step 1: Choose language Step 2: Choose from available formats and options
Available formats and options

What if my attorney cannot or will not act for me when the time comes?

When you make your Continuing Power of Attorney for Property, you can name a "substitute attorney". This person can act for you if your first attorney or attorneys are not willing or not able to act. The substitute attorney will have the same powers as the original attorneys.

You can also name more than one substitute attorney.