COVID-19: Get updates on the law and legal services on Steps to Justice

Change font size:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Credit repair

Step 1: Choose language Step 2: Choose from available formats and options
Available formats and options

What can I do if I have a problem with a credit repair agency?

If you are having a problem with a credit repair agency, you can complain to the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services. The Ministry has a complaint form on its website.

If the Ministry agrees with your complaint, it can order the agency to follow the rules, refund your money, or pay you compensation. The Ministry can also lay charges against the agency. If the agency, or someone who runs it or works there, is convicted of violating the Consumer Protection Act, the court can fine them or even sentence them to jail.

To contact the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services:

Toll-free: 1-800-889-9768

Toronto area: 416-326-8800

TTY Toll-free: 1-877-666-6545

TTY Toronto area: 416-229-6086

Fax: 416-326-8665



Mailing Address:
Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
Consumer Services Operations Division
77 Wellesley Street West, P.O. Box 450
Toronto, ON M7A 2J6