COVID-19: Get updates on the law and legal services on Steps to Justice

Change font size:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Credit repair

Step 1: Choose language Step 2: Choose from available formats and options
Available formats and options

What if my credit report is wrong?

The companies that gather your credit information and create your credit report are called credit reporting agencies. The two largest ones in Canada are TransUnion and Equifax.

TransUnion and Equifax must give you a copy of your credit report for free once a year if you ask. It is a good idea to check your credit report regularly.

If a credit reporting agency has information about you that is wrong you can demand that they correct or remove it. You can write to them and explain why the information is wrong or needs to be removed. You do not have to pay a fee. And you do not need to pay a credit repair agency to do it for you.

There is more information in CLEO's resource, Your credit report.