COVID-19: Get updates on the law and legal services on Steps to Justice

Change font size:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Making Decisions and Spending Time with Children

Step 1: Choose language Step 2: Choose from available formats and options
Available formats and options

Can someone other than a parent get time with a child?

When a person who is not a parent or a step-parent wants to spend time with a child, they can ask the court for a contact order. For example, a grandparent, aunt, or uncle.