Disability benefits in Ontario: Who can get them and how to apply
Can I get income support from ODSP?
You have to qualify both:
- financially, and
- in most cases, as a "person with a disability".
Some people can get ODSP without having to prove that they meet the ODSP definition of a "person with a disability".
For example, this might apply to you if you are in one of the following groups:
- you get disability benefits from the Canada Pension Plan (CPP-D) or the Québec Pension Plan
- you are over 65 years old but are not eligible for Old Age Security
- you used to get Family Benefits and were transferred to ODSP
- you get services or support because you have a developmental disability, whether you:
- own or rent a home
- live in a group home
- live in housing where you get support