COVID-19: Get updates on the law and legal services on Steps to Justice

Change font size:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Door-to-door sales

Step 1: Choose language Step 2: Choose from available formats and options
Available formats and options

What else can I do?

If the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services does not solve your problem, you might want to think about suing in court. If the amount you are asking for is $25,000 or less, you can file a claim in Small Claims Court. You must do this within 2 years of when you knew about the problem.

For more information about Small Claims Court, contact the Ministry of the Attorney General's website at or call them at:

Toll-free: 1-800-518-7901

Toronto area: 416-326-2220

TTY Toll-free: 1-877-425-0575

TTY Toronto area: 416-326-4012