COVID-19: Get updates on the law and legal services on Steps to Justice

Change font size:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Do you know a woman who is being abused? A legal rights handbook

Step 1: Choose language Step 2: Choose from available formats and options
Available formats and options

How are support orders enforced?

The Family Responsibility Office (FRO) is a government agency that enforces both child and spousal support orders.

The FRO can take money from the pay or wages of the person paying support. They must have a job with regular paycheques to do this. The FRO can also collect money from people's bank accounts and tax returns. It can suspend a person's driver's licence or passport if they are not making the required support payments.

The FRO posts information at about people who have not paid support for more than 6 months. They do this if they cannot find the person.

For more information about enforcing a support order, go to Or call the FRO at 1-800-267-4330 or 416-326-1817 in Toronto. The TTY number is 1-866-545-0083.