COVID-19: Get updates on the law and legal services on Steps to Justice

Change font size:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Do you know a woman who is being abused? A legal rights handbook

Step 1: Choose language Step 2: Choose from available formats and options
Available formats and options

What will happen to the children?

The police have a duty to report any concerns about the children's safety to a Children's Aid Society (CAS). This can include a child who has witnessed domestic violence, even if the child was not physically harmed and there were no criminal charges brought.

A CAS worker might visit your home. CAS staff are trained to work with women in abusive relationships. If your worker is not helpful, ask to speak to a supervisor.