COVID-19: Get updates on the law and legal services on Steps to Justice

Change font size:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Harassment and discrimination

Step 1: Choose language Step 2: Choose from available formats and options
Available formats and options

Where to get help

For legal help or advice, you can contact a community legal clinic or a lawyer. Across Ontario, community legal clinics give free legal help to tenants who have low incomes. To find the nearest community legal clinic, go to Legal Aid Ontario's website at Click on Contact then Community Legal Clinics. Or call Legal Aid Ontario:

Toll-free 1-800-668-8258

Toll-free TTY 1-866-641-8867

Toronto area TTY 416-598-8867

You can also see CLEO's booklet called Getting Legal Help: A Directory of Community Legal Clinics in Ontario.

CLEO’s Steps to Justice is a website that gives step‑ by‑step information about common legal problems, including housing law issues. Steps to Justice has practical tools like forms and checklists, and referral information for legal and social services. Visit and see the information about privacy, harassment, discrimination, and applying to the Landlord and Tenant Board in the Housing Law section.

If you have experienced discrimination, you can also get legal advice and help from:

Human Rights Legal Support Centre

Toll-free 1-866-625-5179

Toronto area 416-597-4900

Toll-free TTY 1-866-612-8627

Toronto area TTY 416-597-4903


Centre for Equality Rights in Accommodation

Toll-free 1-800-263-1139 ext. 1


The Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario deals with claims of discrimination under the Human Rights Code.

Toll-free 1-866-598-0322

Toronto area 416-326-1312

Toll-free TTY, call Bell Relay Service 1-800-855-0511


For application forms and general information about landlord and tenant issues, you can contact the Landlord and Tenant Board. The Board cannot give you legal advice.

Toll-free 1-888-332-3234

Toronto area 416-645-8080

TTY users, call Bell Relay Service 1-800-855-0511