COVID-19: Get updates on the law and legal services on Steps to Justice

Change font size:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Home Care Bill of Rights

Step 1: Choose language Step 2: Choose from available formats and options
Available formats and options

2. Sue for breach of contract

According to the law, the CCAC or agency that provides home care services to you has agreed to follow the Bill of Rights, even if they have never made a written or spoken agreement with you.

So, if the CCAC or agency does not follow the Bill of Rights, they have broken their agreement. The law calls this a "breach of contract".

You can sue the CCAC or agency in court for breach of contract. If the court agrees with you, the court may decide that the CCAC or agency must pay you money to make up for breaking their agreement.