COVID-19: Get updates on the law and legal services on Steps to Justice

Change font size:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Home care complaints and appeals

Step 1: Choose language Step 2: Choose from available formats and options
Available formats and options

Role of the Long-term Care ACTION line

You can call the Long-term Care ACTION line with a complaint about your HSP or the services you are getting.

The ACTION line staff can contact the HSP about your complaint and ask them to try to work things out with you.

They can also refer you to an Independent Complaints Facilitator. The facilitator acts as a mediator or go-between to help you sort out your problems with the HSP. But the facilitator cannot order the HSP to change its decision.

For more information about the ACTION line, you can call 1-866-876-7658 or 1-800-387-5559 (TTY).