COVID-19: Get updates on the law and legal services on Steps to Justice

Change font size:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Home care complaints and appeals

Step 1: Choose language Step 2: Choose from available formats and options
Available formats and options

What kinds of things can I complain about to a CCAC?

You have the right to make a complaint to a CCAC if:

  • the CCAC refuses some or all of the services you applied for,
  • you have been getting home care services but they are changed, cut back, or stopped,
  • you need more hours of service than you have been given,
  • you are unhappy about the quality of services you are getting, or
  • your rights under the home care Bill of Rights have not been respected. There is a special Bill of Rights for home care. You can ask the CCAC for a copy and you can find more information in the CLEO article called Home Care Bill of Rights. Click here to find out how to order it.

If you are unhappy about your home care situation, you can sometimes make more than one kind of complaint. For example, if your rights under the Bill of Rights are not respected and your services are cut back, you can make two complaints—one about the Bill of Rights, and another about the loss of services. This is important because only some kinds of complaints can be appealed further while others cannot. Click here for more information about appeals.