COVID-19: Get updates on the law and legal services on Steps to Justice

Change font size:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Maintenance and repairs

Step 1: Choose language Step 2: Choose from available formats and options
Available formats and options

Utilities and other vital services

Your landlord is not allowed to cut off or interfere with any vital services. This includes things like your supply of water, electricity, or heat. It also includes food or care services if you get these from your landlord or another service provider.

If any of these things happen, you should get legal help or contact the Rental Housing Enforcement Unit (RHEU) at 1-888-772-9277. The RHEU's website address is