What if I do not agree with the Board’s decision?

If you do not agree with the decision, you can appeal. The Board must send you their decision in writing. The decision letter from the Board will tell you:

  • the deadline to appeal, and
  • how to get an Intent to Object form from the Board website or by telephone.

To start an appeal, you must mail or fax an Intent to Object form saying you do not agree with the decision. Keep a copy of your form, and make a note of when you sent it.

The deadline will be either 30 days or 6 months from the date of the decision letter. Check the decision letter to be sure. If you miss the deadline you might lose your right to appeal.

When the Board receives your Intent to Object form, they will send you a letter telling you the next steps that you need to take.

Previous page Next page