What should I do after I report my injury to my employer?

First, go to a doctor. See your family doctor, or a doctor at your local hospital or community health clinic. Your employer must pay the travel cost for you to see a doctor on the day of your accident.

Ask your doctor to fill out a Form 8 and send it to the Board. Your doctor probably has this form, or can download one from the Board’s website at

Tell your doctor all the details of how your accident happened and what parts of your body were injured. Your doctor may not know much about your workplace or your job duties. Make sure your doctor writes down everything you tell them.

On the Form 8, it is not enough to just say that your injury is “work-related”. Your doctor must explain how your injury happened and why it is work?related.

Previous page Next page