Participation Agreements and Ontario Works

Is this resource for you?

Read this to learn about Participation Agreements, which most people have to sign to get financial assistance from Ontario Works (OW). It explains:

  • what sorts of activities can be in an Agreement
  • what happens if you cannot do what you agree to
  • how to make changes after signing an Agreement

Other resources that may help you

CLEO has more resources on social assistance and other legal topics. You can read them on our website or order free copies.

If you speak French

Ask a lawyer or a community legal clinic about your language rights. You have the right to get government services related to Ontario Works (OW) in French.

If you are appealing a decision about your right to social assistance from OW, this could mean that you have the right to a hearing before a French-speaking member of the Social Benefits Tribunal, as well as other French-language services.

Si vous parlez français

Communiquez avec un avocat ou une clinique juridique communautaire, et informez-vous de vos droits linguistiques. Vous avez droit à ce que les services gouvernementaux reliés à Ontario au travail (OT) vous soient fournis en français.

Si vous avez fait appel d’une décision concernant votre droit à l’aide sociale d’OT, vous pourriez avoir droit à une audience devant un membre du Tribunal de l’aide sociale qui parle français, de même qu’à d’autres services en français.

Next page