COVID-19: Get updates on the law and legal services on Steps to Justice

Change font size:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Separation and Divorce or Death of a Spouse: Property Division

Step 1: Choose language Step 2: Choose from available formats and options
Available formats and options

Getting more information

Family Law Information Centres (FLICs)

The Ministry of the Attorney General has a Family Law Information Centre (FLIC) in every courthouse that deals with family law. All FLICs have free pamphlets. Many FLICs have staff who can give information and refer you to community agencies and legal services. To find a FLIC in your area visit the Ministry of the Attorney General website at

Advice Lawyers

At FLICs, advice lawyers from Legal Aid Ontario are available at certain times to answer questions, give general legal advice, and review legal documents on family law issues. Contact your local FLIC to find out when the advice lawyer is available.