Do you want to sponsor your family to join you in Canada?

You may be able to sponsor your family members who are outside Canada to come and live here as permanent residents if you are:

  • a Canadian citizen,
  • a permanent resident, or
  • registered under the Indian Act.

You must also be 18 years or older.

There is a fee to apply. And there are “income guidelines” which say how much money a sponsor must earn. But, in most cases, the guidelines do not apply if you are sponsoring a spouse, partner, or child.

You must also meet other conditions and give all the information that the sponsorship application asks for. Some settlement agencies and legal clinics may be able to help you with this.

If you make a mistake in an application, it can be difficult to correct.

Next page