COVID-19: Get updates on the law and legal services on Steps to Justice

Change font size:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Separation and Divorce: Spousal Support

Step 1: Choose language Step 2: Choose from available formats and options
Available formats and options

How can a support agreement be changed?

If both spouses agree, they can make a change to the agreement or make a new agreement. The changed agreement or new agreement must be dated, signed by both spouses, and signed by a witness. It should be filed with the court where the original agreement was filed and then mailed to the FRO. If it is not filed with the court, the FRO cannot enforce the new support amount.

If the spouses cannot agree about changing the agreement, then either spouse can go to court and ask the court to make an order about support.