Child and spousal support when you are on social assistance
Table of contents
Is this resource for you?
Read this if:
- you are applying for or getting assistance from Ontario Works (OW) or the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
- you need information on OW or ODSP rules about getting child or spousal support from your spouse or another parent of your child
Other resources that may help you
- Need welfare? How to apply to Ontario Works
- Disability benefits: Who can get them and how to apply
- Appealing a decision about social assistance explains what to do if OW or ODSP cuts off, reduces, or refuses to give you assistance
- Social assistance rules about couples: What you need to know if you live with someone explains the rules about how spouses who live together must qualify for social assistance as a couple
- Separation and Divorce: Child Custody, Access, and Parenting Plans
- Separation and Divorce: Child Support
- Separation and Divorce: Spousal Support
CLEO has more resources on social assistance, family law, and other legal topics. You can read them on our website or order free copies. Go to www.cleo.on.ca or call 416-408-4420.