COVID-19: Get updates on the law and legal services on Steps to Justice

Change font size:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Child and spousal support when you are on social assistance

Step 1: Choose language Step 2: Choose from available formats and options
Available formats and options

How can I get legal help?

Getting help to deal with OW or ODSP

For advice or help dealing with OW or ODSP, contact a community legal clinic.

To find the legal clinic that serves your area, go to

You can also go to the Legal Aid Ontario website or call them:


Toll-free 1-800-668-8258

Toronto area 416-979-1446

Toll-free TTY 1-866-641-8867

Toronto area TTY 416-598-8867

Getting help with a family law problem

If you need legal help related to support payments or other family law problems, you may be able to get help from Legal Aid Ontario. Visit their website or call them at the numbers listed above.

There is also information about finding a lawyer and other types of help for family law problems in CLEO's resource An Introduction to Family Law in Ontario.