What tenants need to know about the law
Other areas covered by the Residential Tenancies Act (RTA)
The RTA covers many other things, such as:
- parking charges,
- agreements to increase the rent because of new services,
- mediation at the Landlord and Tenant Board,
- detailed rules about assigning and subletting, and
- other reasons for eviction not listed in this booklet.
The RTA also covers:
- rules that apply to mobile home parks and land lease communities,
- rules that apply to care homes,
- some of the rules that apply to subsidized or rent‑geared‑to‑income (RGI) housing, and
- rules about eviction from an employee's or caretaker's unit.