What if I was misled or pressured into getting the vehicle?
Dealers are not allowed to use “unfair practices” to convince you to buy or lease a vehicle. Unfair practices include making false, misleading, or deceptive statements. For example, dealers must not:
- tell you that the vehicle is of better quality than it really is,
- tell you that the vehicle is only available for a limited time if that is not true, or
- tell you that you are getting a special price or benefit when they are really offering the same thing that you can get somewhere else.
Unfair practices also include:
- taking advantage of any language difficulty or physical, mental, or emotional disability that you may have,
- charging far more than what is reasonable for the vehicle, or
- pressuring you to buy a vehicle that they know you cannot afford.
If the dealer used any unfair practice, you can cancel at any time within one year after you signed the contract.Previous page Next page