Your rights as a worker (Fact sheet)
Table of contents
You have rights as a worker even if:
- you are not a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or a holder of a work permit,
- you just started the job,
- you work in your home or someone else's home,
- you live in someone else's home and you work for them,
- you must work in different places at different times to do the job,
- your job is full-time, part-time, or temporary.
Even if you signed a contract saying you are an "independent contractor" you still might have rights as a worker.