COVID-19: Get updates on the law and legal services on Steps to Justice

Change font size:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Your rights as a worker (Fact sheet)

Step 1: Choose language Step 2: Choose from available formats and options
Available formats and options

How to get help

If you have a union

The union's job is to protect workers' rights. Ask them for help. Usually, union dues are taken off your pay cheque if you are protected by a union.

If you do not have a union

211 Ontario is an information and referral hotline that gives help in many languages. They take calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They can tell you:

  • where to get legal help, and
  • how to contact a settlement agency or community agency for other kinds of help.

You could also try contacting a local library or a community legal clinic.

To contact 211 Ontario:

Phone 211

TTY 1-888-340-1001

Web site