COVID-19: Get updates on the law and legal services on Steps to Justice

Change font size:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Working while you are on social assistance

Step 1: Choose language Step 2: Choose from available formats and options
Available formats and options

What if I was on social assistance for at least 3 months in the past?

Earnings exemptions might apply right away. This is the case if all 3 of the following apply to you:

  • You were on OW or ODSP for at least 3 months in a row before going off.
  • You had earnings from work or a training program when you went off OW or ODSP.
  • You apply to go back on OW within 6 months from the date you went off.