Pour modifier la taille de la police:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Separation and Divorce: Child Custody, Access, and Parenting Plans

Étape 1 : Sélectionner une langue Étape 2 : Sélectionner un mode de présentation
Support, format, type de publication

Travelling with a child

Before travelling with a child, a parent should check their agreement or court order to see if they:

  • need the other parent's permission to travel
  • have to give the other parent information about their travel plans, such as flight details and emergency contact numbers

Even if they have sole custody, a parent may still need the other parent's permission to travel with their child.

Officials in Canada, or in the country they are travelling to, can ask a parent for documents to prove they can travel with their child. These officials can decide whether to let the parent and child in or out of the country.

To avoid delays or being refused entry or exit at the border, it is safest to have a travel consent letter signed by the other parent. A parent should also bring a copy of any agreement or court order that deals with travel.

To get a passport for a child under 16, both parents must usually sign the application.