COVID-19: obtenez des renseignements sur le droit et les services juridiques sur JPP

Pour modifier la taille de la police:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Care homes

Étape 1 : Sélectionner une langue Étape 2 : Sélectionner un mode de présentation
Support, format, type de publication

For more information

How to get legal help

For legal help or advice, you can contact a community legal clinic or a lawyer. Across Ontario, community legal clinics give free legal help to tenants who have low incomes. To find the nearest community legal clinic, go to Legal Aid Ontario's website at Click on Contact then Community Legal Clinics. Or call Legal Aid Ontario:

Toll-free: 1-800-668-8258

Toll-free TTY: 1-866-641-8867

Toronto area TTY: 416-598-8867

You can also look in the CLEO resource called Getting Legal Help: A Directory of Community Legal Clinics in Ontario.

CLEO's Steps to Justice website has step-by-step information about common legal problems, including housing law. Visit

How to contact the Landlord and Tenant Board

You can contact the Landlord and Tenant Board for general information, but the Board cannot give you legal advice. The Board's phone number is 1-888-332-3234 and its website address is

How to order other publications

Community Legal Education Ontario (CLEO) produced this resource. We also have other resources that you may find useful if you live or work in a care home. These include resources on:

  • Canada Pension Plan Disability Benefits (CPP-D)
  • the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
  • powers of attorney
  • the rights of people who live in long-term care homes
  • home care and Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs)
  • elder abuse
  • eviction and rent increases

You can read and print these resources from this website or see the, Order Publications page to find out how to order them for free.