COVID-19: obtenez des renseignements sur le droit et les services juridiques sur JPP

Pour modifier la taille de la police:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Criminal charges in Canada and your immigration status (Fact sheet)

Étape 1 : Sélectionner une langue Étape 2 : Sélectionner un mode de présentation
Support, format, type de publication

What should I do if I am charged with a crime?

You need legal advice about both criminal and immigration law before you take any steps. If you cannot afford to pay for a lawyer, you may be able to get legal help through Legal Aid Ontario.

Get a lawyer as soon as possible. Tell your lawyer that you are concerned about what a criminal conviction will do to your status in Canada.