COVID-19: obtenez des renseignements sur le droit et les services juridiques sur JPP

Pour modifier la taille de la police:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Has your child been charged with a crime? (Fact sheet)

Étape 1 : Sélectionner une langue Étape 2 : Sélectionner un mode de présentation
Support, format, type de publication

Will the charges be a problem for my child in the future?

When your child is charged with a crime, the police and the court can keep track of it in files called "records".

These police and court records can cause problems for your child for a long time. At the age of 18, your child will be considered an adult. But people may still be able to see your child's records from before that.

Your child's records can, for example, make it hard to get a job or travel to other countries. The records may affect your child's immigration status. In some cases, your child's records may even affect your family's immigration status.