COVID-19: obtenez des renseignements sur le droit et les services juridiques sur JPP

Pour modifier la taille de la police:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Care homes

Étape 1 : Sélectionner une langue Étape 2 : Sélectionner un mode de présentation Support, format, type de publication

Table of contents

A care home is a place you rent, where you get health care services, attendant care, or help with daily living. If you live in a care home, you are a tenant and have legal rights.

If you speak French You have the right to get services in French from the Landlord and Tenant Board. This includes the right to a hearing before a French‑speaking Board member or having an interpreter arranged and paid for by the Board. You may also have the right to services in French from some of the other offices mentioned in this resource.

Si vous parlez français Vous avez droit à ce que les services de la Commission de la location immobilière vous soient fournis en français. En vertu de ce droit, entre autres : votre audience peut être tenue devant un membre de la Commission qui parle français ou vous avez accès aux services d’un interprète fourni et payé par la Commission. Vous pourriez également avoir droit à des services en français de la part d’autres organismes mentionnés dans la présente publication.


This resource is about tenants’ rights under the Residential Tenancies Act (RTA). The RTA applies to most rental housing in Ontario, such as rooms, apartments, houses, mobile home parks, and retirement homes.

But some rental housing is not covered by the RTA. For example, you might not be covered if you live in a place that is supposed to be used for business, share a kitchen or bathroom with the owner or a close family member of the owner, or live in some types of temporary or seasonal housing.

Also, the RTA does not cover some types of shared living. If you share rental housing or you rent from another tenant, we have an online tool at that can help you find out if you are covered.

If your housing is not covered by the RTA, the information in this resource does not apply to you. If you are not sure, see How to get legal help, to find out where to get legal advice.