Pour modifier la taille de la police:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Humanitarian and compassionate (H&C) applications and refugee claims: how are they different?

Étape 1 : Sélectionner une langue Étape 2 : Sélectionner un mode de présentation
Support, format, type de publication

How can a front-line worker help?

As a front-line worker, you may be able to help a woman who does not have permanent status in Canada by:

  • letting her know when and where to get legal advice
  • explaining some of the differences between an H&C application and a refugee claim
  • helping her gather the evidence she needs to show that she should be allowed to stay in Canada
A woman who speaks French has the right to communicate in French with immigration authorities. If she is making an application to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, she has the right to apply in French. If she is making a refugee claim, she has the right to make her claim in French. This includes the right to have her hearing at the Immigration and Refugee Board in French. To find out more about her French language rights, she should contact a lawyer or a community legal clinic.