Should I get something in writing?
Yes, the seller must put the agreement in writing for you to sign. The written agreement must contain all of the following information:
- the seller's name, telephone number, and address
- your name and address
- an accurate description of the goods or services you are buying or leasing
- the price of each item, as well as shipping costs, handling costs, and taxes
- the total of all charges you must pay, when and how you must pay, and what currency the charges are listed in if it is not Canadian dollars
- when and where the goods will be delivered, or when the services will start, how they will be done, and when they will be completed
- a list of your consumer rights under the law and an explanation of any other rights you have to cancel, return, exchange, or get a refund
You can cancel at any time within one year after you made the agreement if the written agreement does not have all the required information.