Pour modifier la taille de la police:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Taking time off work: For new and expecting parents

Étape 1 : Sélectionner une langue Étape 2 : Sélectionner un mode de présentation
Support, format, type de publication

What if my employer will not let me take a leave or will not give me my job back?

If this happens, or if your employer makes it hard for you to take a leave, contact your union or the Employment Standards Information Centre of the Ministry of Labour and ask how to make a claim. You can check the Employment Standards Information Centre website at www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/es or call them:

Toll-free: 1-800-531-5551

Toll-free TTY: 1-866-567-8893

Toronto area: 416-326-7160

An Employment Standards claim must be made within 2 years of the date your employer breaks the law. For more information, see CLEO's resource Your rights at work, in the section How can I enforce my rights as a worker?

Or you might be able to make an application to the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario. For more information, you can check their website at www.hrto.ca or call them:

Toll-free: 1-866-598-0322

Bell Relay Service: 1-800-855-0511

Toronto area: 416-326-1312

An application to the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario should be started within one year.