Pour modifier la taille de la police:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Credit counselling and debt settlement services

Étape 1 : Sélectionner une langue Étape 2 : Sélectionner un mode de présentation
Support, format, type de publication

What else can I do about a problem with a debt settlement company or credit counsellor?

If you are having a problem with a debt settlement company or a credit counsellor, you can complain to the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services. The Ministry has a complaint form on its website.

You can file your complaint in writing or by going to www.ontario.ca/page/consumer-protection-ontario and clicking on “How to file a complaint”.

If the Ministry agrees with your complaint, it can order them to follow the rules, refund your money, or pay you compensation. The Ministry can also lay charges against them. If they are convicted of breaking the law, the court can fine them or even sentence them to jail.

To contact the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services:

Toll-free: 1-800-889-9768

Toronto area: 416-326-8800

TTY Toll-free: 1-877-666-6545

TTY: Toronto area: 416-229-6086

Fax: 416-326-8665

Website: www.ontario.ca/mcs

Email: consumer@ontario.ca

Mailing Address:

Consumer Services Operations Division
77 Wellesley Street West,
Box 450
Toronto, ON M7A 2J6