COVID-19: obtenez des renseignements sur le droit et les services juridiques sur JPP

Pour modifier la taille de la police:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Fighting an eviction

Étape 1 : Sélectionner une langue Étape 2 : Sélectionner un mode de présentation
Support, format, type de publication

Where to get help and information

There are community legal clinics across the province that give free legal help to tenants who have low incomes.

You can usually find the community legal clinic for your area by looking under "Legal Aid" in your phone book. You can also check Legal Aid Ontario's website at or phone them:

Toll-free outside Toronto: 1-800-668-8258

In Toronto: 416-979-1446

Toll-free TTY: 1-866-641-8867

TTY in Toronto: 416-598-8867

There are tenant duty counsel at many Landlord and Tenant Board locations. The Tenant Duty Counsel Program is paid for by Legal Aid Ontario. Tenant duty counsel are lawyers and community legal workers who can give basic advice, help work out settlements with landlords, and review and help fill out some forms and documents, especially ones related to eviction. Sometimes they can help at hearings with simple or emergency steps.

To find out if there will be tenant duty counsel at the Board location you are going to, call your local community legal clinic before you go to the Board.

The Tenant Duty Counsel Program also has a series of tip sheets for tenants with detailed information about different parts of the eviction process. To find the tip sheets online, go to and click on "For Tenants", then on "Tip Sheets".

You can contact the Landlord and Tenant Board for forms and for general information. The Board cannot give you legal advice.

The Board's website address is You can call the Board at 1-888-332-3234 or 416-645-8080.

CLEO's Steps to Justice is a website that gives step-by-step information about common legal problems, including housing law issues. Steps to Justice has practical tools like forms and checklists, and referral information for legal and social services. Visit and see the information about eviction in the Housing Law section.