COVID-19: obtenez des renseignements sur le droit et les services juridiques sur JPP

Pour modifier la taille de la police:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Harassment and discrimination

Étape 1 : Sélectionner une langue Étape 2 : Sélectionner un mode de présentation
Support, format, type de publication

What can I do about harassment?

  • Tell your landlord there is a problem and that you want it to stop. Keep notes about the harassment. If the harassment continues, send a letter or email to the landlord. Keep a copy.
  • Ask other tenants if they are also being harassed. You might be better able to solve these problems if tenants work together.
  • Complain to the Rental Housing Enforcement Unit (RHEU). Call 1-888-772-9277 or go to their website at landlord-or-tenant.
  • Call the police. If the situation is urgent or you feel unsafe, call 911.
  • Apply to the Landlord and Tenant Board. You should do this within one year of when the harassment happened. It is best to get legal advice. You can speak to a lawyer at a community legal clinic by calling Legal Aid Ontario at 1-800-668-8258 or