COVID-19: obtenez des renseignements sur le droit et les services juridiques sur JPP

Pour modifier la taille de la police:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Need welfare? How to apply to Ontario Works

Étape 1 : Sélectionner une langue Étape 2 : Sélectionner un mode de présentation
Support, format, type de publication

What forms do I have to complete?

You and your spouse, if they live with you, have to fill out and sign the following forms.

The OW worker may fill them out with you or you can ask someone for help.

  • Application for Assistance
  • Participation Agreement
  • Consent to Disclose and Verify Personal Information
  • Consent to Disclose and Verify Information (Canada Revenue Agency)
  • Rights and Responsibilities

Other adult family members who live with you might also have to complete these forms.

And there may be other forms that you have to fill out and sign, for example, the Questionnaire for Applicants and Recipients who are living with another adult.

Application for Assistance

This is the form that asks for information about you and your financial situation.

Participation Agreement

This lists activities that you must do to get financial assistance from OW. For example, this could be looking for a job or doing volunteer work.

You and an OW worker are supposed to agree on what activities will help you to:

  • get ready for a job
  • get a job as soon as possible

OW reviews your Participation Agreement regularly.

If your spouse is included in your application, both of you will have to complete a Participation Agreement. And other adults in your family might also have to sign a Participation Agreement.

It is very important that you understand what you are agreeing to do before you sign an Agreement. OW expects you to do what you agree to. If you do not, OW could refuse to give you assistance, or reduce or cut off your assistance.

If you cannot do what you agreed to do, you can ask OW for changes to your Agreement. But OW must agree to any changes.

Make sure that OW makes the changes to your Participation Agreement in writing.

If you are not able to do some activities, you must prove this to OW. For example, you might have to get a letter from your doctor.

CLEO's resource Participation Agreements has more details.

Consent to Disclose and Verify Personal Information

This form lets OW check the information that you give them. For example, they can check with your bank, a credit reporting agency, or government agencies such as the Family Responsibility Office.

But OW should only check information that that they need to prove that you are eligible for assistance.

If you have concerns about information that OW wants, contact your community legal clinic. See How can I get legal help and information?

Consent to Disclose and Verify Information (Canada Revenue Agency)

This form lets OW check the information that the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has about you.

This includes information related to your income tax returns and any federal government benefits you may get.

Rights and Responsibilities

This form describes what you can and cannot do while you are getting financial assistance from OW.

Ask the OW worker to go over this form with you before you sign it.