COVID-19: obtenez des renseignements sur le droit et les services juridiques sur JPP

Pour modifier la taille de la police:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Workers' Compensation: Making a claim

Étape 1 : Sélectionner une langue Étape 2 : Sélectionner un mode de présentation
Support, format, type de publication

How do I know if I am covered by workers' compensation?

If you have an injury or disease that is related to your job, always apply for workers' compensation. The Board will decide if you are covered or not. Also report your injury to your employer as soon as possible.

If you are in a union, ask your union representative if you are covered by workers' compensation. If you are not in a union, call the Board to see if your employer is, or should be, registered with them. For most of Ontario, call toll-free at 1-800-387-0750. In the Toronto area, call 416-344-1000.

If your employer is not registered with the Board, but should be, you are still covered.

If your type of employment is not covered by workers' compensation, you may be able to take your employer or someone else to court to get payments for your lost wages and expenses from your injury. You will need to get legal advice about doing this.