Information for tenants about damage and deposits

Steps to Justice has updated information for tenants when their former landlord asks for money because of damage. Usually, landlords must now go to the Landlord and Tenant Board to ask for money, instead of Small Claims Court. Landlords cannot keep a rent deposit or key deposit because there’s been damage to a unit.