CLEO (Community Legal Education Ontario/Éducation juridique communautaire Ontario) is seeking a French content development and outreach coordinator to coordinate production of French public legal information and undertake outreach work to Francophone communities across the province.
CLEO is a not-for-profit legal clinic that provides information for low-income and disadvantaged communities across Ontario. For almost 45 years, CLEO has built a strong reputation for producing and delivering high-quality, easy-to understand public legal education materials in print, online and other formats. CLEO is committed to providing high quality information in both official languages.
Our online products include the Justice pas-à-pas website (www.justicepasapas.ca) and Family Law Guided Pathways which are available in English and French. We are also in the process of developing Éspace Francophone for the CLEO Connect website (www.cleoconnect.ca), which provides online support for community organizations.
Job responsibilities include:
Project co-ordination for content development
- Manage outsourcing of translations in conjunction with project managers
- Review translations for accuracy, plain language, and linguistic and cultural appropriateness
- Assist with development of original French content and translate content as required
- Develop and maintain a style guide for CLEO’s French legal information
- Coordinate uploading and proofreading of content to the websites
- Research relevant French resources and services
- Coordinate French advisors’ committee meetings for Justice pas-à-pas
- Keep current with principles of clear language and design in French content
- Participate in user testing of design and language of CLEO legal information, working with consultants and community agencies as require
Outreach and support for community organizations
- Expand CLEO’s presence in province-wide Francophone networks
- Participate in outreach planning for CLEO’s French resources and activities
- Participate in planning and delivering training on public legal information for community and legal organizations across Ontario
- Provide support to CLEO Connect, including working collaboratively to develop Éspace Francophone and a Francophone community of practice
Other editorial and outreach duties may be assigned, including but not limited to:
- Respond to email and phone inquiries in French
- Provide support for live chat
- Develop in-house documents, including marketing and information materials
- Develop French social media activities
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge Requirements
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree or diploma in journalism, communications, French, or a related field
- Bilingual, with excellent proficiency in oral and written French, and fluency in English
- An understanding of Ontario’s diverse Francophone populations and their needs
- Ability to network and work effectively with diverse groups within the justice system and the community
- Ability to travel outside the Greater Toronto Area
- Experience editing, proofreading, writing content, and working to a style guide
- Experience developing and delivering outreach presentations
Other skills include:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and database software
- Experience with content management systems, and willingness to adapt to new technologies as required
- Working knowledge of the principles of clear language and design
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent planning and project management skills and proven ability to meet deadlines effectively.
Please send your resume and cover letter in English to email@example.com with the reference line: French content development and outreach coordinator by 5pm on September 11, 2019. Selected candidates will be contacted the week of September 16 for an interview and a revision and writing test. Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. This is a union position.