COVID-19: Get updates on the law and legal services on Steps to Justice

Change font size:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

CPP disability benefits

Step 1: Choose language Step 2: Choose from available formats and options
Available formats and options

Can I appeal if I am refused?

Most decisions about CPP pensions and benefits can be appealed.

If you want to try to get the decision changed, you must first ask for a "reconsideration". You must do this within 90 days after receiving the decision.

Your community legal clinic may be able to give you free legal help.

To find the clinic nearest you, go to Legal Aid Ontario's website at

Or call them:

Toll-free: 1‑800‑668‑8258

Toronto area: 416‑979‑1446

Toll-free TTY: 1‑866‑641‑8867

Toronto area TTY: 416‑598‑8867

Legal Aid Ontario also offers an online directory of lawyers. You can search by location and language at