COVID-19: Get updates on the law and legal services on Steps to Justice

Change font size:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Renting a place to live (Fact sheet)

Step 1: Choose language Step 2: Choose from available formats and options
Available formats and options

Do I need to get something in writing?

Most tenancy agreements have to be in writing on the government's standard lease form. This does not apply if you live in public housing, or if your rent is subsidized or based on your income.