Need welfare? How to apply to Ontario Works
Table of contents
Is this booklet for you?
Read this to find out how to apply to Ontario Works (OW) for financial assistance to help you with costs like food, housing, and prescription drugs. It explains:
- what information OW can ask you for
- what to do if OW refuses to give you assistance
Other booklets that may help you
- Participation Agreements has more detailed information about the types of things OW can ask you to agree to do
- Disability benefits: Who can get them and how to apply explains how to apply to the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP), which is for people with serious health problems
- Appeals and internal reviews explains what to do if OW cuts off, reduces, or refuses to give you assistance
CLEO has more booklets on social assistance and other legal topics. You can read them on our website or order free copies. Go to www.cleo.on.ca or call 416-408-4420.