COVID-19: Get updates on the law and legal services on Steps to Justice

Change font size:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Elder abuse: The hidden crime

Step 1: Choose language Step 2: Choose from available formats and options
Available formats and options

Where to go for help

For legal services

Contact the Advocacy Centre for the Elderly (ACE).

Phone: 416-598-2656

Toll-free: 1-855-598-2656

Fax: 416-598-7924


To find the community legal clinic nearest you, go to Legal Aid Ontario's website at

Or, you can call Legal Aid Ontario:

Toll-free: 1-800-668-8258

TTY use Bell Relay Service: 1-800-855-0511

For help finding services and information

Contact Elder Abuse Ontario.

Phone: 416-916-6728


For information on services and government programs

Call 211.

Contact ServiceOntario.

Toll-free: 1-800-267-8097

Toll-free TTY: 1-800-268-7095


To contact the Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) in your area

Call 211 or visit

To report abuse in retirement homes

Call the Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority at 1-855-275-7472.

To report abuse in long-term care homes

Call the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care ACTION Line.

Toll-free: 1-866-434-0144

Toll-free TTY: 1-800-387-5559

You can also call the ACTION Line with any problems, concerns, or complaints about home care services, long‑term care homes, or a LHIN.